Evangelist Amaka Okwuoha, the popular gospel artist, creating worship atmosphere and leading the mass through a quality praise of the most high, she’s been a blessing so far, lets get to know more about her
Continue reading Chioma Jesus Biography
Chioma Jesus Biography
She was born on the 12th of February. She is from Imo state but was born in a poor region of Abia State, Nigeria, to late Nze Euzebius Chukwumaeze Ebizie, Omeokachie 1 of Amanator & Lolo Dorathy Ebizie of Ogboza Autonomous Community.
She lost both father and mother at a tender age, leaving seven children with her as the eldest among them.
She started singing in her native church choir at the age of nine and her pastor really inspired her to develop her gift and helped her make her way into the music industry.
She also continued her singing career at the Scripture Union Fellowship about twenty years ago as a soloist, chorus leader backed up with musical instruments, Also she gives special numbers that are heart touching and soul inspiring in various church programmes and crusades. This led to her invitation to sing in various meetings, fellowships and crusades.
Chioma Jesus rose to limelight when she was invited as a guest artist at St. Andrews Anglican Church, Mile 1 Diobu, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Her ministration in the church touched life’s in great folds.
She became popular with her song “Chioma Jesus” in 2003,then she was nineteen years old and a trader. Since that time, her name plays a big role in the gospel music world. Trying to win more souls for Christ, Amaka’s heart desire is to see gospel singers becoming what God has destined they will be. By the way, Chioma Jesus is also known for using the Igbo language to sing and write her songs, though, her first song was written in the Yoruba language.
She is one of the true representatives of the peculiar Nigerian gospel music. Chioma’s music and lyrics are known worldwide.
Her most popular song which topped the gospel music charts in Nigeria then called “Praise” was released in 2011. It reached the top of the gospel charts in Nigeria. During her career, she has sang with other gospel singers such as Samsong, Sinach, Lionel Peterson, Juanita Bynum Kurt Kay, Don Moen and Ron Kenoly, etc. She is planning to release her debut album very soon.
She is married to Evangelist Callistus Okwuoha, a pastor and together they are blessed with three children.
Albums and songs
She has a good number of songs and studio albums to her credit.
Some of them include:
• Nkwa Chioma Jesus Live, Vol. 1
• My Testimony
• Prophetic Praise 2
• Nkwa Chioma Jesus Medley
• Ebube Dike Medley
• Gini Kam Ga Eme Medley
• Ihem Gabu Medley
• I Will Be Medley
• Chioma Jesus Miracle God
• Mighty In Battle Medley
• Oruru Gi Medley
• Onye Ukwu
• Chioma Jesus
• Chukwu Okike Imela
• Chioma Jesus Miracle God
• Odiro Onye Dika Gi
• Baba You Are So Great
• I Have Never Seen Any One Like You
• I Have Never Seen Any One
• I Have Got The Power
• Ejim Chukwu Ugwo
• Holy Holy
She is estimated to have a net worth of $350,000.
Awards and recognitions
This powerful singer has earned a lot of awards both nationally and internationally, which include:
• Omega Legend Award as the most outstanding gospel artist in Nigeria
• Advocate Of Christian Excellence In Christianity –An award by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Ideato South Chapter
• HFTBF Award For Transparency and Integrity in the Gospel Music Ministry
• 2015 Gospel Music Legacy Award by the spirit-filled International Network Of Gospel Ministry and Churches in conjunction with Kingdom Life Gospel Church for her contribution towards the growth of gospel music across ethnic and national frontiers.
• Award Of Meritorious Services to the gospel of music in Nigeria and of Christ in general
• Award For The Sustained Support of the work in Redemption ministries and the world at large by Redemption Ministries Port Harcourt
• Award For Excellence In Service of the Lord by Men’s Christian Association [MCA] New Generation Faith [Ang.] Church, City of Favor Port Harcourt.
• World Ambassador for peace award by United Nations-pol-ac peace Nigeria, in collaboration with platinum standard publications limited Lagos.
• Delta Yadah Award 2011 and 2012
Social Media Handles