Belinda Effah, also known as Grace-Charis Bassey Effah, is a Nigerian Nollywood movie actress, movie producer, director, the CEO of House of Belinda (HOB).
In this post, I will share with you Grace-Charis Bassey Effah’s biography, early life, early career, personal life, awards, movies, net worth, and some other interesting things you probably didn’t know about her. Let’s start with her early life and education.
Belinda Effah Early Life
The Nigerian Nollywood movie actress, movie director, and producer, Belinda Effah was born on 14th December 1989 in her hometown in Cross River State.
Cross River State is a state in the Southern part of Nigeria. Celebrated her 32nd birthday on the 14th of December 2021, Belinda was raised in Cross River by her parents Mr. and Mrs. Effah.
For her basic education – elementary and secondary, Belinda attended Hillside International Nursery and Primary School, and the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Port Harcourt respectively.
Furthermore, she proceeded to the prestigious University of Calabar for her university education. Therein, she studied and bagged a Bachelor’s degree in Genetics and Bio-Technology
Bassey Effah started her career in the Nigerian entertainment industry popularly known as Nollywood in 2005 at the young age of sixteen.
Notably, Belinda Effah started as a television show actress. Then, she made her first television show debut in Shallow Waters, a 2005 television series that was as famous at the time.
“Next Movie Star,” became her first reality TV show feature. A reality TV show she featured alongside other housemates – she finished in 5th place.
Before finally starting her own show “Lunch Break with Belinda, Belinda was a television presenter for Sound City.
Movies of Belinda Effah
Since she started her career in the entertainment industry as a movie actress, Belinda has featured in over 100 movies, including:
- Locked – 2019
- Refugees – 2019
- Flirting with Fifty – 2017
- Talking Dolls – 2017
- The Lost Café – 2017
- Troubled Waters – 2017
- Game Up – 2019
- Miracle – 2020
- No, I Don’t
- Kokomma – 2012
- Alan Poza – 2013
- Stranger than Ever – 2017
- Pretty Little Thing – 2017
- Our Dirty Secrets – 2017
- Havillah – 2013
- Cat and Mouse, Belinda Effah featuring Aki and PawPaw
- Desperate Housegirls – 2015
- Being Single – 2015
- The Banker – 2015
- Luke of Lies – 2015
- Black Val – 2015
- Web of Love – 2015
- Bambitious – 2014
- Jump and Pass – 2014
- Apaye – 2014
- Oracles Online – 2015
- House Husband – 2015
- 2017 – 2020
- Cash Daddy – 2017
- A Star in Heaven – 2017
- Caged Heart – 2017
- Blood in the Lagoon – 2017
- Sister Sister: The Movie – 2018
- A Break from Reality – 2018
- 2Broken – 2016
- Chop Banana – 2016
- So in Love – 2016
- From Freetown TL – 2016
- S.A Girl – 2018
- Drive – 2019
- Mumu Button – 2020
- Return of Jamal – 2020
- Antenup – 2020
Net Worth of Belinda Effah
Altogether, Belinda Effah’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million. Of course, this is linked to the fact that she is one of the most popular Nollywood actresses in Nigeria.
- Belinda Effah has won herself a couple and more awards and recognitions. These are some of them:
- Nollywood Movies Awards nominee for Best Indigenous Actress – 2013
- ELOY Awards nominee for Movie Actress of the Year – 2014
- Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Award – 2014
- City People Movie Award nominee for Best Supporting Actress of the Year (English) – 2015
- Most Promising Act at the Africa Movie Academy Awards – 2013
- Nominee at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for Best Actress in a Drama – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Award nominee for Best Actress – 2016
- Winner of the Ntanta Award – 2013
- Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Young Actor – 2013
- African Actress of the Year nominee at the African Film Awards – 2017
- Nominee at the City People Movie Award for Best New Actress of the Year (English) – 2014
Over to you, what else do you want to know about Belinda Effah? Tell me about it with a comment box. While at it, check out our consequent publications.
Social Media Handles