Updated May 06, 2022
Medical Advice Disclaimer
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. Naijabiography does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any question you may have regarding a medical condition. Naijabiography does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Naijabiography ), Naijabiography employees, other contributors appearing on the Site at the invitation of Naijabiography, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
Use of Content
Use of Images
This section applies to the extent that we have enabled the posting of user-submitted comments, audio, video, text, or other materials in the Services (collectively, “UGC”) or otherwise allow you to communicate information or materials through the Services.
You are solely responsible for your UGC, as well as the consequences of sending it over to the Services. The following are things you must not do: send or post copyrighted UGC unless you are the copyright owner or have the copyright owner’s permission to do so; send or post UGC that reveals trade secrets unless you own them or have the owner’s permission; send or post UGC that infringes on other people’s intellectual property rights or the law; send or post UGC that violates the law.
send or post UGC that reveals trade secrets unless you own them or have the owner’s permission; send or post UGC that infringes on others’ intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, or is otherwise unlawful; send or post UGC that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another person or entity; send or post sexually explicit images; send or post advertisements or solicitations
By sending or publishing UGC, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that Naijabiography’s use of your UGC will not infringe on or violate any third-party rights. By sending UGC to Naijabiography, you automatically grant Naijabiography a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display it alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees. You have the right to reuse your UGC after it has been submitted to Naijabiography.
You are not permitted to use the Services or other communication mechanisms to sell, trade, or engage in any other commercial activity. You may not send UGC that infringes on the rights of others or contains a virus or other harmful component over the Services. You may not use threatening, abusive, vulgar, discourteous, disruptive, or unlawful language or engage in any behavior.
Please be aware that after you upload UGC, the general public may be able to read your thoughts, even years later. When uploading UGC on the Services, Naijabiography recommends that you use caution and avoid disclosing personally-identifying information such as your location, medical record number, financial information, and so on.
Naijabiography is under no obligation to monitor, alter, or delete user-generated content (UGC), but it may do so at its discretion. Naijabiography reserves the right to delete or amend user-generated content, including but not limited to:
- UGC that is abusive or unpleasant to a commenter or another participant;
Off-topic and redundant UGC (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations, and programs not related to or affiliated with Naijabiography)
- UGC that uses foul or hateful language;
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments;
- UGC that violate the privacy of our users;
- UGC that is obscene, threatening, harassing, deceptive or fraudulent;
- UGC is directed at children under the age of 13;
- UGC that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any party or individual; and
- UGC that violates applicable laws or regulations
By submitting UGC, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and that we may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes. Please note that other visitors of the Services may use your posted UGC beyond the control of Naijabiography. If you do not wish to have the UGC you have made available via the Services used, published, copied, and/or reprinted, please do not post UGC on the Services.
Naijabiography Trademarks and Logos
The terms Naijabiography, Naijabiography.com, and other Naijabiography trademarks and services marks, and associated logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Naijabiography or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of Naijabiography. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Use of your Data
About our Contributors
Naijabiography seeks out content providers in particular subject matters as independent contractor contributors to the Site. Naijabiography does not represent or guarantee that any contributor has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials, without limitation, as to the subject matter to which their contributions relate. To the extent we refer to each of these contributors as an expert, you must understand we rely on the information they provide us and we are not obligated to independently verify or attempt to confirm any information they provide, nor their qualifications or credentials. Naijabiography also is not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute. Contributors, even if characterized as experts, are not employees of Naijabiography or its affiliates and Naijabiography cannot and does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or truthfulness of the qualifications or credentials of any contributor, nor any other users of the Site.
Please do not rely on Site content, including User Contributions and content from our independent contractor contributors. Content is provided for general information purposes only and can never take into account your unique, personal circumstances and needs. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance or actions you take in violation of your agreement with us shall be at your sole and exclusive risk and Naijabiography shall have no responsibility or liability to you whatsoever. You also acknowledge and agree that communications on or through the Site, whether with content providers or other users, are at your own risk and are not covered by any privilege or confidentiality obligation that might apply if you were to obtain your professional advice.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
Your Indemnification of Us
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), ALL OF WHICH NAIJABIOGRAPHY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, NAIJABIOGRAPHY NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST Naijabiography, Naijabiography Media. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
Third-Party Links, Advertisements, Content, and Websites
We do not review or monitor any websites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through the Site and are not responsible for the content of any such third-party advertisements or linked websites. Before purchasing any third-party products or services described on the Site, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality, and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither Naijabiography nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives, or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third party products or services based upon the information provided on the Site, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
Naijabiography deals with copyright infringement following the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the Site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so
These advertising guidelines (“Guidelines”) set forth standards that govern the placement of advertisements and sponsored content (collectively “Ads”) by any advertiser, agency, or technology provider that Naijabiography Media. partners with (collectively, “Advertisers”). Advertisers must adhere to these Guidelines when placing Ads, including Ads purchased under the Terms and Conditions, on websites or mobile properties owned or controlled byNaijabiography Media including Naijabiography.com (collectively “Naijabiography”).
These Guidelines are intended to provide general parameters for Advertisers in connection with Ad creative and content served on Naijabiography. They are not exhaustive and do not address every situation or issue that may arise in the course of business, particularly given the rate of change within the media and advertising industry. Accordingly, these Guidelines are subject to change from time to time at Naijabiography Media’s sole discretion.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosure, privacy, and data security. All ads must be fair, truthful, and distinguishable from editorial content. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring all Ads and related claims are adequately substantiated. Further, Advertisers must adhere toNaijabiography Media’s Prohibited Content Guidelines and Additional Standards for Advertisers, which are incorporated into these Guidelines and set forth below.
Ads served through networks or exchanges are reviewed regularly and, in addition to any other remedies, Naijabiography Media may have, Naijabiography Media reserves the right to remove, without notice, any Ads that do not meet these Guidelines, regardless of whether the Ad was previously accepted by Naijabiography Media.
Ads may not contain or promote the following:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco. Ads may not promote illegal drugs, illegal substances abuse of prescription drugs, use of Alcohol (except for beer and wine), tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia thereto. Lawful products and services which promote quitting tobacco-related products are permitted.
- Weapons/Violence. Ads may not promote the use, distribution, or making of firearms, ammunition, explosives, pyrotechnics, or other weapons. Ads may not promote violence, cruelty, or physical or emotional harm to any person or animal.
- Illegal Activities/Gambling. Ads may not promote any illegal or other questionable activities which may be illegal in one or more jurisdictions, including without limitation hacking, counterfeiting, or other activities that may violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights of others. Ads may not contain or promote content related to scams, financial schemes, pyramid schemes, or other fraudulent or illegal financial or investment opportunities. Ads may not promote casinos, gambling, betting, numbers games, sports, or financial betting. Ads promoting state lotteries are permitted.
- Hate/Intolerance/Discrimination. Ads may not contain or promote hate speech, personal attacks, or discrimination toward any individual, group, country, or organization
- Obscenity/Indecency/Profanity. Ads may not contain or promote any obscene, indecent, profane, or offensive words, images, sounds, videos, or other content.
Political/Religious. Ads may not contain hostile, offensive, inflammatory, or hateful speech related to political or religious topics or groups. Ads may not exploit controversial political, social, or religious issues for commercial purposes.
- Sexual or Adult Content. Ads may not include full or partial nudity, depictions of people in explicit positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads will not contain text or images exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts or lewd and lascivious behavior. Ads may not promote escort, dating, erotic massage, pornography, or other sexual products or services.
- Disparagement/Defamation. Ads may not contain disparaging or defamatory information or content that tends to harm the reputation of Naijabiography Media or any other individual, group, or organization.
- Gross Depictions. Ads may not contain or promote content that is crude, vulgar, degrading, or likely to shock or disgust.
- Militant/Extremism. Ads may not contain or promote extremely aggressive and combative behaviors or unlawful political measures, including individuals or groups advocating violence as a means to achieve their goals.
- Sensitive Content. Ads may not target sensitive categories such as financial status, medical conditions, mental health, criminal record, political affiliation, age, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sexual behavior or orientation, or trade union membership.
- Free Goods/Services. Ads may not distribute or promise to distribute any free goods and services.
- Targeted at Children. Ads may not specifically target children, including through cartoons or other similar content.
- Unverifiable Claims. Ad’s may not make confusing claims that reasonable consumers cannot readily understand and evaluate
- Before/After Images. An ad may not depict “before and after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Health and Safety Claims. Ads may not promote actions likely to harm one’s health, such as bulimia, anorexia, binge drinking, or drug use. Ads may not make health claims that are not substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate their products’ claims.
- Misleading/False/Deceptive: Ads may not contain any information or content that is potentially misleading, false, or deceptive, including content that is meant to deceptively generate clicks such as fake “close” buttons.
- Competitive to Naijabiography/Affiliates. Ads may not promote direct competitors of Naijabiography or any of its parent, affiliate, subsidiary, or other related entity.
Advertisers and Ads must adhere to the following standards:
- Audio/Animation. Ads may not include overly disruptive audio or animation that plays automatically.
- Popups/Downloads. Ads may not include lead ads, floating layers, pop-ups, surveys, or any digital downloads.
- Malicious Software. Ads may not contain malicious code, including malware, spyware, trojan horses, bugs, or viruses.
- Phishing. Ads may not trap or trick a user into providing money or any account, personal, or other sensitive information.
- Separation. Ads must contain clear borders and be displayed so they are unmistakably not part of Naijabiography’s site content.
- Compatibility. Ads must function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major Internet browsers.
- Independence. Ads may not appear to compromise or influence Naijabiography’s editorial independence from Advertisers.
- Endorsements. Ads may not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by Naijabiography of any product, service, or organization.
- Landing Pages. Landing pages associated with Ads must correspond to the Ads’ call to action and not engage in “bait and switch”.
- Intellectual Property. Ads may not use any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade- secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights of Naijabiography Media or Naijabiography, or any third party, without prior written authorization. Advertisers may not alter or interfere with the readability or display of any Naijabiography Media or Naijabiography trademarks, logos, or designs.
- Data Collection. Ads may not include open-box forms to register users or collect personally identifiable information. Ads may not collect and sell mailing lists without the users’ express permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Naijabiography users or place any cookies, applets, or other similar files — if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to Advertisers — on desktop computers or mobile devices of Naijabiography users. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data which they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.
Licensed & Third-Party Content
Licensed or third-party content is carefully reviewed by the Naijabiography editorial team to ensure that it is aligned with our policies and standards. Any such content is labeled to notify you of its source.
The internet offers endless consumer choice, putting millions of products at your fingertips, and we want to do what we can to streamline the steps you need to take to find what you’re looking for quickly and reliably.
The expert writers and editors of Naijabiography’s product review team help our users make the best purchase decisions by obsessively scouring the retail landscape (both online and off) to identify and research the best products for your healthy lifestyle and family. We receive an affiliate commission on some, but not all, of the products that we recommend if you decide to click through to the retailer site and make a purchase.
Trust: Our independent writers and testers pick products that are the best in their category and they do not know the terms of any of our affiliate partnerships, so you can be sure you are getting authentic and trustworthy recommendations. Furthermore, we buy all of the products that we test with our own money and never accept anything for free from manufacturers. We want to make sure we’re providing you with the most unbiased feedback that we can.
Product content: Curated lists of recommendations are written by writers with subject-matter expertise in every product category. Recommended products run the gamut from budget to splurge-worthy, and are not favored because of any loyalty to one specific retailer or brand. We make it a point to recommend products from reliable companies who deliver exemplary customer service, so you can have a seamless shopping experience. The availability of products is checked daily by a team of dedicated editors.
After a list is published, it is regularly revisited and updated, if needed, to ensure that existing recommendations are fresh, accurate, and helpful.