- We will be writing on Joeboy Biography, His age, Career, Net worth, Early life, Joeboy is one of the fast-rising artists who impressed Nigerians with his hot jam
- Joseph Akinfenwa Donus better known as Joeboy is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, entertainer, stage performer, and recording artiste. He sings mainly R&B and Afropop and started singing when he was just 16 years old, releasing his first song at 17
- According to him, he was inspired by 9ice and ID Cabasa, with whom he used to hand out in the studio with and his ‘Shape Of You’ cover was a huge success.
Early Life & Education
- Joeboy was born on the 21st of May, 1997 into a Yoruba family in Lagos State Nigeria. Joeboy is 23 as of 2020.
- He graduated from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) where he studied Human Resource, Joeboy grew up in a music-loving family – his dad played keyboard/piano in church while his elder brother sang in the choir.
- Joeboy started singing when he was 16 years old, At 17, he released his first-ever afrobeat song titled “Gbeseyin”. He continued with doing short music covers and sharing on social media.
- Joeboy was discovered by Mr. Eazi in 2017 after watching an Instagram video of his cover to Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You“.
- He signed with Mr Eazi’s funding and mentorship program emPawa100, becoming one of 10,000 applicants from 14 countries.. Joeboy was the first of 100 recipients to earn a share of a $300,000 grant.
- Joeboy released Mr Eazi assisted track “Fààjí” on October 26, 2018; he used his portion of the grant he received from emPawa100 to shoot a video for the song.
- Joeboy’s single “Baby” was released on March 1, 2019, and has 20 million streams on YouTube and Spotify in 2019. The music video for “Baby” surpassed 16 million views on YouTube.
- On August 15, 2019. He followed up with “Beginning” a song that featured by Beats 1’s host, Ebro Darden. Joeboy’s Begining was earned the number one spot on Apple’s Music in Nigeria and Uganda.
- Joeboy released his EP titled Play Love & Light in November 2019. It was released by emPawa Africa and was supported by the singles “Baby” and “Beginning”.
- The EP also contains the Mayorkun assisted track “Don’t Call Me” and “All for You”.
- Joeboy won Best Artiste in African Pop at the 2019 All Africa Music Awards and Best Pop at the 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards Festival.
Awards & Nominations
- He was nominated 4 times in 2019 Headies award as “Next Rated”-Himself, “Best Pop Single”-Baby, “Song of the Year”-Baby, “Viewer’s Choice”-Beginning and he didn’t win any of the categories.
- Joeboy won Best Artiste in African Pop at the 2019 All Africa Music Awards
- He was nominated with “Baby” at 2 different categories in Popular Song of the Year and Most Promising Act Of the Year. Also nominated with “Himself” in 2 different categories Best New Act of the Year and Revelation of the Year.
- He was nominated as Best New Mvp with “Himself” while he won Best Pop at the 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards Festival with “Himself”.
- He was also nominated in the 2020 Soundcity Mvp Awards Festival with Beginning at Listeners Choice category and Baby as Song of the Year.
- Out Boss Me
- Middle Man
- Spot on the Sun
- Ain’t Missing A Thing
- Some People
- Have Another
- Same Question
- Pack it up
- How To Make Friends In a Brand New Town
- THC (The Herrera Chronicles)
- Love and Light
Joeboy Net Worth
Joeboy is fast-rising into the hall of fame as his primary source of income, for now, is his music. Joeboy net worth is not accurate but it was estimated to be $85,000.
Joeboy Social Media Handles
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Related to Joeboy Biography
Q1). How much is Joeboy net worth?
Joeboy net worth is not accurate but it was estimated to be $85,000.
Q2). Is Joeboy a Ghanaian?
No Joeboy was born in Nigeria into Yoruba tribe
Q3). Who signed Joeboy?
Joeboy was signed by Mr Eazi into Banku Music Label
Q4). How old is Joeboy?
Joeboy is 23 as of 2020. He was born on the 21st of May, 1997
Q5). Which state is Joeboy from?
Joeboy is from Lagos State, Nigeria