Mary Lazarus is a Nollywood actress,movie producer, model, television personality and entrepreneur who hails from Abia State but specifically from Ukwa East Local Government Area of Abia State
Continue reading Mary Lazarus Biography
Mary Lazarus Biography
Mary Lazarus hails from Abia State but specifically from Ukwa East Local Government Area of Abia State and was born into a family of nine consisting of a mother, a father and six siblings of which she is a twin and one of the last born children of the family alongside her twin brother named Joseph. After her primary and secondary educationam, she applied to University of Ibadan in bid to obtain a university degree. She was accepted and granted admission to study Geography in the institution where she eventually graduated with a 4.4 cumulative grade point average with a B.Sc. degree in Geography.
She became a model in 2002 before venturing into the Nigerian movie industry in 2009 with a movie titled “Waiting Years” She secured a role in the movie through the help of Gbenro Ajibade who introduced her to John Njamah, the director of the movie who eventually assigned her a role in the aforementioned movie. She made her directorial debut with a movie titled “Dance To My Beat” of which she also produced in 2017.
She is known for other movies and television shows such as Tinsel, Super story, Shadows, Blackberry babes, Desperate house girls, Married but living single, Losing control, Don’t cry for me, Girls are not smiling and many others.
Mary revealed her role model as Joke silva for being relevant despite her age, Genevieve Nnaji for her dress sense, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde for being a mother and a wife, Kimberly Elise for her extreme body of work and Khloe Kardashian for her fashion sense.
She comes from a family of nine and is one of the last born children of her parents alongside her twin brother, Joseph who is an entrepreneur with interest in oil and gas
She described herself as a fun-loving person. The beautiful actress has described the kind of her husband as God fearing, intelligent, well groomed and trendy man with a very bright future.
Filmography and TV series
- When Life Happens (2020) as Cindy | with Lota Chukwu, Jimmy Odukoya, Wole Ojo
- My Woman (2019) as Zara | with Seun Akinyele, Ujams C’briel
- Accidental Affair (2019) as Kristen
- Clustered Colours (2019)
- Broken Pieces (2018)
- Homely: What Men Want (2018) as Keji
- Dance To My Beat (2017)
- The Road Not Taken II (2017)
- Love Lost (2017) as Rena
- Girls Are Not Smiling(2016)
- What Makes You Tick (2016) as Ann Okojie
- Okafor’s Law (2016) as Kamsi
- Better Than The Beginning (2015)
- Bad Drop (2015)
- Losing Control (2015) as Uche
- Second Chances (2014) as Justina
- Desperate Housegirls (2013)
- Waiting Years (2009)
Awards and nominations
She has got numerous nominations including
- Best supporting actress at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2020
- Most promising actress in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2018
- Nominated for Best Actress in a leading role at the BON awards in 2018.
Mary Lazarus is one of the most influential and highly sought after Nigerian actress with an estimated net worth of $200,000.
Mary Lazarus started her career as a model in 2002 and has worked with top brands such as MTN, Airtel, GLO, Samsung, Pampers, Maltonic and so on.
Social media handles