Here comes the biography of another talent in the vocal industry, been a Gospel singer, song writer and minister, hes been a point of admiration in some music loving homes, he sings contemporary gospel and R&B as genres,
Samson Uche Mogekwu popularly known as Samsong, he’s worth knowing more about, get on your glasses as we walk you through his uniqueness
Continue reading Samsong Biography
Samson Uche Mogekwu was born on the 30th of November, 1974 in Delta State, Nigeria. He discovered his talent for singing while in high school. It was also in high school he was named Samsong. He attended college, and majored in Accounting and graduated from the great Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo state.
In 1991, he formed a quartet known as Praise Creation. They were signed to Ivory Music Label, and released their debut album in 1996 titled “Best of Life”. The group however broke up, and Samsong became a solo artist, releasing his debut CD in 2002, titled “Count Your Blessings”. His album was a success, garnering airplay, and resulting in winning The Psalmist Award that same year. His sophomore cd was released in 2004, titled “Still Counting”. Samsong had become a bona fide celebrity and gospel star at this point, having songs and video in rotation radio and TV, and receiving top billing in concerts.
- Best of Life (with Praise Creation) in 1996
- Count Your Blessings in 2002
- Still Counting in 2004
- The World of My Dreams in 2007
- Church Boy in 2010
- On Top of The World in 2015
Awards and recognition
- He continued his award-winning streak, snagging
- The Best Male Vocalist of the Year Award at Today’s Music Award in 2004, and
- Best Male Vocalist of The Year Award in 2005 at The Amen Awards.
- At The Vigoma Awards in 2005, he received The Best Video of The Year Award.
- His third release titled “The World of My Dreams” was issued in 2007, and was his most ambitious release yet. It featured a remake of the mega hit “One Love” by music icon Onyeka Onwenu, in which he performed a duet with her. The cd also featured a duet with international superstars Styl-Plus titled Live Right. His ambitious output was recognized with and he was awarded with The Grace Honorary Award for Excellence, that same year.
- In 2008, he was nominated for The Best Gospel Artist at The Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) held in New York City. He embarked on an international tour to promote his cd, with stops at South Africa, the United Kingdom and Germany. In Germany, he had recorded and performed with Chris Lass, the famous German gospel producer and artist. His most recent headlining tour was in August 2009. He toured the island of Seychelles, and was privileged to have dinner with the Vice President, Joseph Belmont.
Social media handles