A crusader of social justice, he always goes on the conviction that division based on issues is to be preferred to unity based on hopelessness…
Continue reading Chris Nwabueze, to have more knowledge of his personality and career
Chris Nwabueze was born on the 8th of August, 1952, he was born in Alor, Idemili South Local Government area of Anambra State.
Chris Nwabueze is a former governor of Anambra State in Nigeria from 29th of May, 2003 to the 17th of March, 2006 under the People’s Democratic Party. He is the current minister of Labor and Employment.
He obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) with distinction in 1972. Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (BM.BCH) degree at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, (UNN) in 1979, Diploma in Hospital Management in Peshawar in 1990. He became a fellow of the Pakistan Institute of Hospital Service, medical doctor by profession. He served at both the National Assembly and the State House clinics at different times. He retired in 1998 as a Deputy Director in the Federal Ministry of Health.
Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige joined politics officially, under the umbrella of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
In 1999, he became the Assistant National Secretary and Zonal Secretary of the PDP in the South East region of Nigeria and in 2003, was elected the governor of Anambra State. An election Tribunal led by Justice Nabaruma nullified his 2003 victory, and although he appealed, he lost.
Ngige was the governor of Anambra State in Nigeria from 29 May 2003 to 17 March 2006 under the People Democratic Party (PDP). He is currently a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He contested again February 2010, together with the top politicians like Nicholas Ukachukwu, Andy Uba, Mrs. Uche Ekwunife, Charles Soludo, Peter Obi and Ralph Nwosu. The election was won by Peter Obi.
He was elected Senator for Anambra Central Constituency in April 2011. Ngige’s tenure as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria came to an end following his defeat in the 2015 election by Hon. Uche Ekwunife who has been sworn in as the Senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District in the current 8th National Assembly of Nigeria.
On the 11th of November, 2015, was named minister of Labor and Employment by President Muhammadu Buhari. He is currently the Minister of Labor and Employment under the President Buhari’s administration.
Dr. Christ Ngige is happily married to Dr. Mrs. Evelyn N. Ngige, a consultant pediatrician, and the union is blessed with 3 children.
Even though he is an ideal medical doctor with vast experience in administration, he has occupied the following positions in Government Service:
• Medical Officer, National Assembly Clinic, 1980 to 1982
• Physician to the Senate Present, 1983
• Physician of State House/Federal Government special Guest House, 1985 to 1990
• Consultant in-charge of Federal Government State Clinic, The Presidency, Abuja, 1992 to 1993
• Consultant and Assistant Director in-charge of all Federal Medical Centres in Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Health headquarters, Abuja, 1994 to 1997
• Deputy Director of Hospital Services Federal Medical Centres/Teaching Hospitals Federal Ministry of Health Abuja, 1997 to 1998
• Member, Ministerial Task Force on Completion of University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Ituku Ozala, Enugu, 1996 to 1998
• Recipient of Nigeria’s National Honours of Officer of the Order of the Niger, (O.O.N.)
• Member, Nigeria G 15-Economic Cooperation Council 1990 (Special Federal Government Delegation to under study Indonesia and Malaysia economic experience in agriculture, health and technology)
• Member, Vision 2010 sub-committee on health
• Ad hoc lecturer on Budget/contract procedures to Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) Badagary Chief Medical Directors Course 1996
• Foundation Sole Administration, Aka-Ikenga, Lagos 1988-90
• President, Aka-Ikenga, 1992-97
• Chairman, Alor Development Union, Lagos Branch, 1990-99
• President General, Alor People’s Convention, 1996-99
• Special Adviser and member Igwe Alor In-Council, 1990 – present
• Co-Convener Nkpoko Igbo, pre-constitutional conference seminar in Enugu, 1995
• Member, Ohanaeze Council of Elders and member strategic committee, 1992-97
• Foundation Member PDP, National Level, 1998
Dr. Chris Ngige is a top Nigerian politician and medical doctor. He is estimated to be net worth above $40 million.