Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born on April 15, 1990. He is an English actress and model. She is known for her roles as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series, Belle in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and Meg March in Greta Gerwig’s Little Women. Watson is also a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and a vocal advocate for gender equality and women’s rights.
Emma Watson Biography
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
|Date of Birth||
April 15, 1990
|Place of Birth||
Actress | Model
Chris Watson (Father)
Jacqueline Luesby (Mother)
|Social Media Handles||
Early Life and Education
Emma Watson was born on April 15, 1990, in Paris, France, to English parents, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson. She moved to Oxfordshire, England, when she was five years old. Watson attended the Dragon School and trained in acting at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts. From 2011 to 2014, Watson split her time between working on films and continuing her education, graduating from Brown University with a bachelor’s degree in English literature in May 2014.
After the end of the Harry Potter series, Watson expanded her acting career by taking on different roles in various genres of films. She played a supporting role as Lucy, an assistant to Marilyn Monroe, in My Week with Marilyn, a biographical drama about the making of The Prince and the Showgirl. She then starred as Sam, a free-spirited and charismatic teenager, in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, an adaptation of Stephen Chbosky’s novel of the same name. The film received positive reviews and Watson’s performance was praised by critics and audiences alike. She won several awards for her role, including the MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance.
She also ventured into more edgy and provocative roles, such as Alexis Neiers, a real-life member of a group of teenagers who robbed celebrities’ homes, in Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring, and Ila, the adoptive daughter of Noah, in Darren Aronofsky’s biblical epic Noah. Both films were met with mixed reactions, but Watson’s performances were generally well-received. She also voiced Princess Pea in The Tale of Despereaux, an animated fantasy film based on Kate DiCamillo’s novel; Pauline Fossil in Ballet Shoes, a television film adaptation of Noel Streatfeild’s novel; and herself in This Is the End, a comedy film about celebrities facing the apocalypse.
Emma Watson returned to mainstream success with her role as Belle, a book-loving and independent young woman who falls in love with a cursed prince (Dan Stevens), in Beauty and the Beast, a live-action remake of Disney’s animated classic. The film was a huge box office hit and became one of the highest-grossing films ever. Watson’s performance was praised for its charm and intelligence, and she won several awards for her role, including the MTV Movie Award for Best Actor in a Movie. She also sang several songs for the film’s soundtrack, showcasing her vocal talents.
She then starred as Meg March, the eldest sister of the March family who dreams of becoming an actress, in Little Women, an adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s novel directed by Greta Gerwig. The film was acclaimed by critics and audiences and received several Oscar nominations, including Best Picture. Watson’s performance was praised for its warmth and gracefulness. She also appeared as Angela Gray, a young woman who accuses her father of abusing her under hypnosis, in Regression, a psychological thriller directed by Alejandro Amenábar; Mae Holland, an employee of a powerful tech company who gets involved in a sinister experiment, in The Circle, a dystopian thriller based on Dave Eggers’ novel; and Kelsea Glynn, a young queen who tries to save her kingdom from a tyrant, in The Queen of the Tearling, a fantasy film based on Erika Johansen’s novel.
Emma Watson has also been involved in the fashion industry as a model and a designer. She has been the face of several brands, such as Burberry, Lancôme, and Calvin Klein. She has also collaborated with various fashion designers and companies, such as Alberta Ferretti, People Tree, and Fair Trade, to create clothing lines that promote ethical and sustainable fashion. Emma Watson has been praised for her sense of style and elegance and has been featured on several magazines’ best-dressed lists. She has also used her influence to raise awareness and support for various causes related to women’s rights, education, and the environment.
Emma Watson has been very private about her personal life and has rarely spoken about her relationships in public. She has dated several celebrities and non-celebrities, such as Tom Felton, Will Adamowicz, Matthew Janney, William Knight, Chord Overstreet, Brendan Wallace, and Leo Robinton. Emma Watson has also been linked to other actors, such as Johnny Simmons, George Craig, Francis Boulle, Roberto Aguire, and Tom Ducker. She has stated that she prefers to keep her love life out of the spotlight and focus on her career and activism.
- 2021 The Queen of the Tearling
- 2019 Little Women
- 2017 The Circle
- 2017 Beauty and the Beast
- 2015 Regression
- 2015 Colonia
- 2014 Noah
- 2013 This Is the End
- 2013 The Bling Ring
- 2012 The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 2011 My Week with Marilyn
- 2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
- 2009 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- 2008 The Tale of Despereaux
- 2007 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 2007 Ballet Shoes
- 2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- 2004 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- 2002 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- 2001 Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Awards and Recognition
Watson has received numerous awards and nominations for her acting and activism throughout her career. Here are some of them:
- 2018 Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress for Beauty and the Beast
- 2017 Teen Choice Award for Choice Fantasy Movie Actress for Beauty and the Beast
- 2017 MTV Movie & TV Award for Best Actor in a Movie for Beauty and the Beast
- 2017 Elle Style Award for Woman of the Year
- 2014 People’s Choice Award for Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress for The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 2014 British Academy Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year
- 2013 Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress: Drama for The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 2013 MTV Trailblazer Award
- 2013 MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss (with Logan Lerman) for The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 2013 MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 2012 Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Movie Star: Female for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2012 People’s Choice Award for Favorite Ensemble Movie Cast for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2012 MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2012 MTV Movie Award for Best Cast for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2012 Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- 2011 Empire Award for Best Actress for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
- 2008 Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress: Drama for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 2008 National Movie Award for Best Female Performance for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 2005 Otto Award for Best Female Film Star (Gold) for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- 2003 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Actress for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Emma Watson’s net worth is estimated to be $80 million. She has also been ranked among the most influential, powerful, beautiful, and stylish celebrities by various magazines and websites, such as Time, Forbes, Vogue, Glamour, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, People, Vanity Fair, and Esquire.
Social Media Handles
Watson is active on several social media platforms, where she shares her personal and professional updates, as well as her views on various issues. Here are some of her social media handles:
- Twitter: @EmmaWatson
- Instagram: @emmawatson
- Facebook: Emma Watson
- YouTube: Emma Watson