Yes, You might know who is Kemi Afolabi. She Is a popular Nollywood actress But what do you actually know about her? If you want to know more about your favorite actress, then check out our Kemi Afolabi Biography including Early Life, Career, Personal Life and Net worth
Kemi Afolabi Biography
- Kemi Afolabi is a Nigeria Yoruba Nollywood actress, She is a movie director, producer, and one of the most talented actresses in the industry.
- She has released and features in many movies and some of the movie that brings her into the limelight are Obinrin Ale, Oreke Mulero and Omo pupa
- Afolabi Take a break from acting, leaving the industry for nearly five years (2008-2013).
Early Life & Education
- Kemi was born on the 28th of April 1978 in Lagos, Nigeria, which is 42years old Now. Her parents hail from Ogun State and She’s the first of three kids with two younger brothers.
- She had her primary education at Tunwashe Nursery and Primary School, Ikeja, and her secondary education at A-Z International School and Our Lady of Apostles School
- Kemi graduated and gained admission into the University of Lagos (Unilag) where she bagged a Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Doing Kemi Afolabi Final Year at the University of Lagos, Students from the Department of Creative Arts invited her to Participate in their theatre production which she accepted
- The show must have been a success, as Kemi decided that maybe the Law was not really her way, so she went into acting instead.
- Kemi Afolabi First movies to starring in was the Yoruba movie “Alagba” but not very long after the movie she decided to take a break from the movie industry or acting for nearly five years (2008-2013).
- “I left the industry a few years ago because I wanted to show my responsibility”
- The break didn’t have any negative impact on her career because while she was at break Kemi started writing scripts on a different movie and immediately she returned, she was ready to produce it.
- Kemi has her own production company called Kaas and Dee Entertainment, the goal is to create quality content that can entertain and educate. For instance.
- According to Legitng, The actress has lots of interests outside of her work. For instance, she loves to cook for her family, as it brings her immense joy to spend some quality time with her family. She also enjoys watching her own movies, as it allows her to notice her mistakes, analyze them, and improve in time for the next movie.
- It turned out that she has long been married to her beau from the UK Wale Adesipe.
- According to her, Kemi Afolabi’s husband is an engineer and a building contractor.
- Adesipe is a graduate of the Luton’s University of Bedfordshire. He is also a very quiet person, which is probably why Kemi decided to hide him for so long.
- The couple met a decade ago in Ibadan at an engagement ceremony of one of Kemi’s friends. They hit it off quite fast, and soon they were engaged as well. If you have been following the actress for quite a while, you might remember the time she left the industry for a while. That was when she had her engagement.
- The actress got married in 2008 and was with her husband before returning in 2013.
- Kemi found out that she was pregnant, her husband Adesipe took her to the UK to have the child. About Ten years ago, a little girl by the name of Darasimi was born.
- Kemi Afolabi recently released a movie project, Mo’dorisha which addresses the issues of domestic violence, rape, and other issues affecting the female gender.
- The actress revealed that her husband has provided her with the much-needed leadership and support structure for her as an actress. As a result, marriage hasn’t slowed down her career as an actress
- According to Afolabi, she revealed that she’s a very simple person.
- people have come to see her as a very frank person but she disclosed that her life is quite straightforward
- The Actress loves Quality wristwatches, handbag, and shoes, and Particularly Gucci products a lot.
- Kemi Afolabi is a talented actress, devoted wife, and a wonderful mother. She loves doing what she does, but never forgets about family. We hope to see more celebrities like Kemi who love their family and put take it as a job.
- Kemi Won the Best Yoruba Actress of the Year at the 2016 City People Awards
- She won most Prominent Actress at the 2016 Odua Image Awards
- Best Yoruba Movie Producer of the Year award at the City People Awards.
- Kemi Afolabi net worth is not available yet. But we can say she is doing well in the industry
Social Media Handles
- Instagram: @kemiafolabiadesipe
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Related To Kemi Afolabi Biography
Q1). Which state is Kemi Afolabi?
Kemi was born in Lagos state but hailed from Ogun state.