We are going to look into the Lifestyle of Popular actor Lateef Adedimeji, Where he was born, Age, Education, and his Net worth. Don’t miss any part of Lateef Adedimeji Biography
Lateef Adedimeji is a Nigerian actor, film-maker, producer and director, TV presenter, scriptwriter and Master of Ceremony (MC) also half comedians. The actor is quite versatile but he’s particularly known for his unique ability to get really emotional.
- Adetola Adedimeji Lateef Popularly Known as Lateef Adedimeji was born February 1st, 1986 in Jakande Estate in Isolo, Lagos State, southwestern Nigeria, is the fourth of a family of six, Though he a native of Abeokuta Ogun State
- He attended primary and secondary school in Isolol. He studied Mass Communication at Olabisi Onabanjo University. (00U) in Ogun State.
- Lateef has been on the movie stage since age 15 but started acting professionally in 2007
- He caught a glimpse of his acting talent when he was in secondary school and he was picked by an NGO to serve as a peer educator and counselor on HIV and other sexually related issues. He was involved in using his budding acting talent to pass the information to the grassroots folks and market women
- When Lateef decided to launch his career in Nollywood, the actor revealed that the initial journey was tough. There was a time he went to a location where the movie, ‘Omo Mushin’ by Murphy Afolabi was being shot but he had to leave in tears because he was relatively unknown and people were asking who he was.
- His dexterity in script writing gave him an opportunity to work for UNICEF on a radio drama titled Omo Catch Up. Following his success as a scriptwriter for UNICEF, Lateef got an offer from the CEO of Orisun TV to start running a Television program which they titled SABABI. The program was aired for more than 2 years. He also worked as a presenter of a talk show called Miliki Express, on the same TV station.
- The actor revealed that there was a time he was so frustrated when he wasn’t getting any jobs so he decided to call Ibrahim Chatta to inform him that I was leaving the industry but Ibrahim advised him otherwise. He was able to endure and it paid off.
- He landed his first major role in the movie, Kudi Klepto produced by Yewande Adekoya. It was this movie that shot him to prominence and his career has grown rapidly since then.
- Lateef revealed that he locked himself up for 3 days and kept rehearsing. As a result of his preparation, he was able to receive a positive feedback from the crew due to his excellent acting. This was also the movie that gave him his first award as an actor.
- The actor has featured in over 100 movies since he began acting. The actor revealed in an interview that he plans to own his movie production outfit one day.
- Also, Lateef disclosed in another interview that he would love to work with Denzel Washington sometime in the future because he loves his way of speaking which always gets him thinking and often makes a lot of sense.
- The very talented Lateef became a household name for two reasons: his great talent and his striking resemblance to top actor Odunlade Adekola. The great role interpreter warmed his way into the hearts of many movie lovers with his role interpretation skills and his many nuances and gestures which remind many of the much loved Odunlade Adekola.
- It is believed that Lateef Adedimeji will be the successor to Odunlade Adekola and the actor has disclosed that he sees Odunlade Adekola as a very good actor so he usually sits back to learn from him and he adds what he has learned to himself to improve his acting ability. But the actor doesn’t think he acts like Odunlade Adekola. In fact, each time he meets Odunlade he often tells him of how he’s acting his different from his. Lateef believes acting comes naturally to him and it isn’t based on any imitation of the popular actor.
- There was a rumor that Lateef has a UK based sugar mummy, which was however denied by him.
Award & Endorsement
- Lateef received the Best Actor Award for his role in the movie, Kudi Klepto at the Heritage Award in Atlanta, the United States and the Odua Movie Awards in 2014 and 2015 as Best Actor.
- The same movie also gave him the Best Actor in supporting role at BON Awards as well as the City People Awards and Lagos Under-30 Best Actor of the Year Awards
- In 2015 and 2016, Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role (Yoruba)
- The actor recently bagged an endorsement deal with Numatville Megacity which is expected to be Africa’s first and largest National Tourism and Cultural Megacity with location in Nigeria.
- His net worth is not available. But The Talented Actor is doing well
Lateef Adedimeji Social Media Handles
- Instagram: @adedimejilateef
FAQ(Frequently Asked Question) Related To Lateef Adedimeji Biography
Q1). Is Lateef Adedimeji married?
Yes, please. The renowned movie actor and entertainer is married to his colleague in the industry Adebimpe Oyebade, known better as M.O Bimpe. Notably, the love-duo tied their wedding knot on the 22nd of December 2021 after dating/courting for quite some time.
Q2). How old is Lateef Oladimeji?
He is 34 Years Old
Q3). When did Lateef Adedimeji start acting?
He started acting professionally in 2007.
Over to you what else do you want to know about Lateef? Tell me about it with a comment box. And, oh, dear. Check out our website for more biographies of your favorite celebrities.