Instagram has been one of the best social media, there is a lot of comedians doing great on this Platform. Nigerian Instagram comedian Maraji Biography, Net worth, Age, Education, and her career, Read the complete Profile below
- Gloria Oloruntobi Popularly known as MarajI, She is a Nigerian comedian, mimic, and Instagram sensation.She started her career making lip sync videos and miming songs.
- Maraji has over 1.2million followers on Instagram and another 69,000 on Twitter. Both accounts carry the name, @Maraji_
Early Life & Education
- Maraji was born on February 6, 1997, into a family of seven, three siblings, a sister, and two brothers. She grew up in Lagos
- She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in International relations at Covenant University, where she graduated with a second class upper at the age of 19.
- Maraji started by uploading lip-sync videos on social media, She started in 2016 when she was in her third year, 2nd semester during holiday and she was bored . she called a friend up, and during their conversation, her friend asked her if she has heard a new Nicki Minaj’s song which had just been released.
- she did a lip-sync of that song and sent it to her friend who found the video very interesting, She suggested her to put it up, but she was reluctant due to fear of being mocked.
- Her friend went on to post the video without her permission and the video gained massive attention online and got positive reviews.
- That was how Maraji and her friend started doing make lip-sync videos during the holidays and promised themselves that they would stop as soon as school resumes. Few days after they returned to school.
- Reekado Banks released the single ‘Sugar Baby’ and Maraji once again made a lip-sync video for the song and her video was reposted by Reekado Banks on his Instagram page and people started flocking to her Instagram page
- Gloria Followers increased as people returned to her page Appreciating her for the video and trying to Asked her how she did that video if she can teach them.
- She also made lip-sync videos for songs by Korede Bello & Skales and they both reposted her videos on their official Instagram handles and that triggered her interest in creating content. That was how she started making the video and they do repost it which made her famous
- She decided to be dynamic and started making lip-sync videos of popular comedy videos where she acted crazier than the original character but with the same audio and the videos performed way better than the song lip-sync videos.
- After building a huge following on Instagram then she started making comedy skits and she has since grown to become one of the top ten Nigerian Instagram comedians.
- Maraji claimed that she never knew she would be on this path, but she said that she is never satisfied.
- For her creative process, she says she pens her ideas down, before spending two hours shooting and editing. The entire process for those skits, takes, “a day or two before the final content is ready to go up.
- Maraji has earned over 1.2 million followers on Instagram where she creates skits about everything you’ll consider from gossip, mimicking, friendship to film and tv
- Apart from her Instagram account, she also has a maraji_musical.ly account where she creates lip synchronization videos.
- When Maraji started, her father wasn’t aware that she was making comedy skits but her mother was fully aware and gave her full support right from the onset till now. While she was still in school, her mother ensured that she balances the equation and doesn’t lack behind either in school or in content creation.
- Maraji is currently in a private relationship and she promises to reveal the lucky guy whenever he proposes to her.
Maraji Awards & Nomination
- She was Nominated at The Future Awards Africa in 2017
- She was Nominated for choice Instagrammer at Nigerian Teen Choice Award in 2017
- In 2018 she was nominated for Prize For Comedy at The Future Awards Africa
- Maraji got nominated for comedy act of the year at City People Music Awards and Nigeria Entertainment Award
- In 2018, Maraji disclosed that she charges ₦500,000 to ₦1,000,000 per Instagram sponsored post, She is one of the most followed celebrities on Instagram
- She earns Over $133 monthly on YouTube ads revenue/Adsense, Charges for Instagram posts, and endorsements.
- Maraji estimated net worth is $250,000
Maraji Social Media Handles
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions) Related to Maraji Biography
Q1). What tribe is Maraji?
Maraji held from Edo State but grew up in Lagos state
Q2). Is Maraji a twin?
No, Maraj is not a twin, Camera made her twins when editing skit
Q3). Maraji’s real name?
Her name is Gloria Oloruntobi