Marlians! Today we are going into the Nigerian music industry as we are going to cover the complete popular well-known hip hop artist Naira Marley Biography, Age, Career, Property and Net worth
Naira Marley Biography
- Azeez Fashola Popularly well known as Naira Marley is a Nigerian hip hop artist singer, songwriter, street music sensation, stage performer and a recording artist who is known as the president of his controversial fan base, “Marlians”
- Naira Marley became popular and gained more fame after he was arrested by Economic Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) on May 10, 2019, which was a few days after the released of his song Am I A Yahoo Boy featuring Zlatan Ibile
Early Life & Education
- Naira Marley was born on the 9th of May 1994 to his mother and father Mr/Mrs. Fashola in Agege, Lagos State in the southwestern part of Nigeria, In 2005 when He moved to Peckham, South London, England.
- He studied at Porlock Hall before attending Walworth School, where he obtained his General Certificate of Secondary Education. Naira Marley later graduated with a distinction in business from Peckham Academy. He also studied business law at Crossways College which is now Christ the King Sixth Form College in London
- Naira Marley never wanted to turn into an artist, however, he had the youth aspiration of becoming into an MC and Voice Over artiste.
- In 2014, He discovered his passion for music and was encouraged by close friends to pursue music as a career. He released the Max Twigz-assisted track “Marry Juana” before releasing his debut EP “Gotta Dance” in 2015.
- In December 2017, he released “Issa Goal” Featuring Olamide and Lil Kesh which became the theme song for the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the 2018 FIFA World Cup host by Russia, The official remix of “Issa Goal” was released on 16th June 2018; it features vocals by Olamide, Lil Kesh, Falz, Simi, and Slimcase.
- In 2019, Naira Marley rose to fame after the release of his 2019 hit single “Am I A Yahoo Boy” and “Soapy” featuring Zlatan Ibile which gained a lot of massive airplay and attention.
- On 3rd May 2019, Naira Marley released “Am I A Yahoo Boy” Featuring Zlatan Ibile and was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) few days after the release of the music. He was arrested for internet fraud and charge to court on 11 count charges.
- On 27th June 2019, he released his hit single “Soapy” a few days after he was released from prison. On 11th January 2020, Naira Marley won the Viewer’s Choice Award for his hit single “Soapy” at the 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards.
- On 18th December 2019, Naira Marley released his second EP “Lord of Lamba” it is a mixture of Afrobeats and hip-hop. The EP comprises 6 tracks and features guest artists such as Young John, Cbluck, and Mayorkun. Its production was handled by Killertunes, Rexxie, and Studio Magic.
- Naira Marley sings in English, Pidgin, and Yoruba; his music is a blend of Afrobeats and hip-hop. He derived his stage name from Jamaican singer Bob Marley, whom he admires; his dreadlocks is also a tribute to the singe.
- On 30th December 2019, Naira Marley hosted the Marlian Fest which was held at the Eko Hotel and Suites with Top musical artists like Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Phyno, Tiwa Savage, Zlatan Ibile and other top musical stars in attendant. During the Marlian Fest, Naira Marley announced the launch of his record label Marlian Records and unveiled Zinoleesky, Cbluck, MohBad, and Fabian Blu as his new signed acts.
- Naira Marley sings mostly in English, Pidgin and Yoruba his native dialect. His music is a blend of Afrobeats and hip-hop. He derived his stage name from Jamaican singer Bob Marley, whom he admires so much. His dreadlocks is also a tribute to the legendary reggae singer.
- On 10th May 2019, Naira Marley was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) alongside his best friend Zlatan Ibile, Rahmon Jago, Guccy Branch, and another unknown. The arrest was made a day after he released the video for the controversial hit single “Am I A Yahoo Boy”. Five days later, the EFCC released Zlatan Ibile and the three others; however, Naira Marley remained in their custody due to overwhelming evidence against him.
- On 16th May 2019, the EFCC filed 11 count charges against Naira Marley before a Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, bordering on internet fraud and cybercrime; the 11 counts charges carry a potential sentence of seven years in prison if he is found guilty.
- On 19th May 2019, Naira Marley released the hit single “4 Nights In Ekohtiebo” while still in prison. In the lyrics of the song, he talks about his industry friends, foes, and other people who have admired him. In May 2019, he was arraigned before the Federal High Court in Lagos and pleaded “not guilty”; a bail hearing was set for him on 30th May 2019.
- On that same day of the bail hearing, Naira Marley released another hit single “Why” a song that was accompanied by an image of him in handcuffs; in it, he addresses themes of trust, deceit, and pretense. Later that day, he was granted bail in the sum of ₦2,000,000 and the case was adjourned till 22nd October 2019 for the commencement of trial.
- On 14th June 2019, Naira Marley was released from EFCC custody after perfecting his bail conditions, barely 14 days after being granted bail. On 22nd and 23rd October 2019, Naira Marley returned to the Federal High Court in Lagos to face his charges.
- On 12th December 2019, his case was again heard and was subsequently adjourned to 27th February 2020, after an EFCC witness testified against him.
- Naira Marley has married to two women and has four children
- “Issa Goal” (2017)
- “Japa” (2018)
- “Am I A Yahoo Boy” (2019)
- “Opotoyi (Marlians)” (2019)
- “Soapy” (2019)
- “Puta” (2019)
- “Mafo” (2019)
- “Tesumole” (2019)
- “Tingasa” (2019)
- Bad Influencer (2019)
- Isheyen (2019)
- Puta (2019)
- Life Cheif Keef
- “Aye” (2020)
- Gotta Dance (2015)
- Lord of Lamba (2019)
- In 2019. He was Nominated as Male Artist of the year and Soap song was nominated as Street song of the year at City People Music Awards.
- In 2020, Naira Marley won Viewers’ Choice Award, Also Nominated as Best pop artist, and “Soapy” was nominated as Song of the Year at Soundcity MVP Awards.
- Naira Marley is reported to own a number of exotic cars due to his affluent social media lifestyle, one of the latest being a 2019 Bentley Continental currently the Crown jewel in his fleet.
- Naira Marley is currently one of the richest and most influential artists in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1.2 million.
Social Media Handles
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Related Naira Marley Biography
Q1). Who is Naira Marley’s father?
Naira Marley was born by Mr. Fashola in Lagos Nigeria.
Q2). What is Naira Marley’s net worth?
Naira Marley is currently one of the richest and most influential artists in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1.2 million.
Q3). Does Naira Marley have a child?
Naira Marley is married to two women and has four children