If we are talking about one of the best Fuji Musicians in Nigeria then King Dr. Saheed Osupa must be mention between 1/5, Saheed Osupa Biography, Early Life, Education, Career including his Net worth.
Saheed Osupa Biography
- Akorede Babatunde Okunola Popularly Well known by stage names Saheed Osupa or King Saheed Osupa is a Nigerian Fuji musician, film actor and Hip Fuji Creator
- Saheed Osupa is a famous fuji musician with a large fan base in Nigeria, Africa, and the whole world. With his excellent result in fuji has won him several awards and honors
- Osupa is dubbed several names which he himself rightly acclaims. Ranging from Olufimo 1, Saridon P, Oba Nla 1, King of Fuji, the veteran Fuji expert has been called several nicknames for so long a time.
Early Life & Education
- King Dr. Saheed Osupa was born August 7, 1969, in the Mosafejo area of Ajegunle, Lagos State but grew up in Ibadan, Oyo state, He was born into the family of the late Alhaji Moshoodi Okunola, who was a well-known Etiyeri musician was an elder cousin to the Late Fuji musician Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister.
- Saheed Osupa’s father is a “Were” musician, We can say Saheed Osupa took after his father by modernizing the Were musical phenomenon into what is currently called Fuji.
- Saheed Osupa went to Amuwo Odofin High School in Lagos, where he graduated in 1987. He gained admission into The Polytechnic, Ibadan, where he completed his National Diploma (ND) Programme after Studying Business Administration in 1992. He is an alumnus of the American International College and thereupon where he studied Networking Operations.
- When he was in school, Saheed discovered that he loved singing and recording music, and in 1983, he officially began his music career.
- The King Of music, Saheed Osupa started music professionally as a teenager in 1983. His first Released album was titled Fuji Fa Disco, Followed by Fuji Blues. This album initiated his fruitful music career, and now the talented musician has more than 40 studio albums including a 4-in-1 studio album titled Mr. Music.
- In 2008, The Fuji musician was crowned King of Fuji Music by Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Since then “King” as been at the front of his name which is why people call him “King Saheed Osupa”. He also has some other nicknames which were given to him by the fans and press. Regarding Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, the Fuji phenomenon Saheed Osupa considers him to be his Fuji lord and a great source of inspiration.
- His music style is widely praised by critics and fans. One thing that everyone notices and highlights about Saheed Osupa’s style is that he skillfully uses a lot of Yoruba clichés and proverbs in his songs to pass the wisdom to the listeners, and his songs contain a lot of philosophical messages to the audience, which is meant to enlighten people in various difficult life situations. Lots of traditional Yoruba musicians have admitted that his songs belong in the history of native Nigerian music and embraced them with enthusiasm.
Hip Hop Music
- Akorede Saheed is not just only Fuji Musician, He is also into the Hip hop and Fil actor, On 12 of June 2018, he released his first hip Fuji Album titled: Non-Stop. In 2014 Saheed Osupa released a hip hop single titled “Vanakula” and African Beauty with vocals from Yetunde Omobadan, in 2015 produced by K-Solo, On 8 August 2015, he featured Seriki in another single titled “Womi”
- Saheed Osupa also went on to release his debut hip-hop album, which was titled “Lord of Music.”, Osupa has released many hip hop songs such as Abeke, Permutation featuring Qdot
Saheed Osupa is not only a talented musician, but he also acts in movies and likes this occupation a lot. Saheed Osupa has appeared in over 30 Yoruba films. He Presented Agbere Oju one of the best movie till today, Some of the most popular movies that feature him are “Eni Eleni”, “Ese Mefa Laye”, “Ero Sese Koowe” and “Ose Maami, Alukoro.”
- Saheed Osupa has two wives, whose names are Azeezat and Olabisi Muinat. He also has a total of eight children – six sons and two daughters. Some of them are already grown, while some are still young children. The singer often talks about his family in interviews and is really proud of them.
Award & Nomination
- In 2013, He was nominated as best Fuji Artist at FIBAN Awards, He won Best Musician in an Acting Role at Yoruba Academy Awards
- In 2015, Saheed Osupa won Best Fuji Musician of the Year at City People Entertainment Awards
- On November 7, 2015, Saheed Osupa was listed in The NET’s “Most Successful Nigerian musician
- He was Nominated as Best Fuji Music Artist at Nigerian Achievers Award 2015
- In 2019, He won Best Fuji Musician of the Year at The Yoruba Image International Awards.
- Fuji Fadisco
- Fuji Blues
- Fuji Demonstration
- Master Blaster
- Stainless Fuji
- Fuji Boggie
- Shuffle Solo
- Hot Shot
- New Edition (Shuffle Solo 11)
- Big Daddy
- London Delight
- African Delight
- American Fuji Slide
- World Tour
- London Extra
- Respect and Reliable – 2 in 1
- Fuji Icon
- Endorsement – 3 in 1
- Mr. Music – 4 in 1
- Marriage Affair
- Euro Splash
- Time Factor
- Turn By Turn
- The Main Man
- Tested and Trusted – 2 in 1
- Lord of Music – 2 in 1
- Transparency and Transformation – 2 in 1
- New Dawn – 2 in 1
- New resolution
- Pacesetter 2017
- Non Stop 2018
- Dynamism (Monday 13/8/2018)
- C Caution 2019
- Integrity (07/08/2019)
- Permutation (23/12/2019) and So On..
- Eni Eleni
- Ero Sese Koowe
- Ese Mefa Laye
- Ose Maami
- Ashiru Ejire
- Onibara Ogunjo
- Iku Oba
- Igba Iwase
- Agbeere Oju
- Saheed Osupa’s musical and movie successes have brought him a lot of income and he is now one of the richest celebrities in Nigeria, according to the rumors. However, he does not flaunt his property a lot on social media – he only posts photos of himself on stage or attending various celebrity events. So, it is hard to find photos of his houses or cars on the Internet, because he does not like to show them to the public.
- Saheed Osupa has been estimated to be currently worth N550 million.
- Instagram: @kingsaheedosupa