- If we are talking about Nollywood actor that are doing great most especially in Yoruba movies then Femi Adebayo is one of them, Femi Adebayo Biography with Net worth, Career, and all what you need to know about the well-known actor
Femi Adebayo Biography
- Femi Adebayo is a Nigerian lawyer, film actor, director and producer. He was the former Special Adviser to the Governor of Kwara State on Arts, Culture and Tourism. He is also the son of the veteran actor, Adebayo Salami.
Early Life & Education
- Olufemi Lawal Adebayo was born on December 31, 1972, in Lagos, Nigeria. He is the son of a powerful, intelligent Nollywood actor Salami Adebayo also known as Oga Bello.
- He is originated from Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. Surprisingly, he gets citizenship from the Government of Nigeria in 1978. His father Adebayo Salami is known as Oga Bella. According to the information of Femi, he is a member of the polygamous family. His father has about twelve (12) children. Most of them are graduates
- Femi attended Jender Age and Oke-Ode Grammar School for his primary and secondary education respectively.
- Femi completed both his primary and secondary school education and obtained both his First School Leaving Certificate and West African Senior School Certificate in Lagos State, Nigeria
- Thereafter, Femi bagged an LL.B at the University of Ilorin and a Master’s Degree in Theatre Art. He is also currently pursuing his Doctorate Degree in Law at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State in the southwestern part of Nigeria, where he combines both his acting career and studies together.
- Femi Lateef Adebayo studied Law at the University of Ilorin. After this, he proceeded to get a Master’s degree in Theatre Arts.
- Adebayo’s ambition for a very long time since when he was a kid was to be a lawyer. His father, Oga Bello is a very supportive father especially when it comes to his children’s career. And he does not bother himself with any career they choose to study since that is what they want, he gives them his 100% attention and support.
- Femi practiced Law for two years, but even then, he still had an interest in the entertainment industry. Seeing his father regularly on television kept motivating him to pursue his passion.
- When Femi was a teen, he watched his father’s acted movie on the television. Then, he became passionate about acting. His father gave him the independence to choose the job. So he started to play different roles in the movies along with his law profession. But he has to struggle for a long time to establish as an actor.
- From the report we got, he usually followed his dad to movie set and meeting veterans like Jide Kosoko, Iya Rainbow, Late Hubert Ogunde, e.t.c got his attention. Luckily, he also trained with the Awada Kerikeri, a group led by his father.
- He made a debut in his father’s first movie, Ogun Ajaye in 1985. In 1995, the brilliant star Femi got a look like an actor and his featured film was a Tade Ogidan movie titled “Owo Blow”.
- In 2006, Femi Adebayo got into the movie industry fully. He acted in over 200 movies till today. He has since acted in several Yoruba and English movies, some of which include Ayitale, Anini, Omo Ekun, Alagbaa, Onise Iku, Omo University, Tania, Asona, Onise Iku, Atona, Ladies Gang, Death Island, Diamonds in the Sky, Survival of Jelili, October 1, Ma Wobadan and Buga, Oreke Temi, Toromade, Taiwo Taiwo among others.
- Femi has worked with the likes of Muyiwa Ademola, Funke Akindele, Mercy Aigbe, Olaniyi Afonja, Odunlade Adekola, Desmond Elliot, Bolanle Ninalowo, Mide F.m Martins, Kunle Afolayan, Adebayo Tijani, Fathia Balogun, Akin Lexis, Bimbo Akintola, Yinka Quadri, Ayo Adesanya, Sola Kosoko e.t.c
- Femi is presently the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of J-15 Media Network Nigeria
Award & Recognition
- In 1996, Best Upcoming Actor of the Year, The Movie Awards
- Best Yoruba Actor, Afro Hollywood Awards (17th African Film Awards).
- In 2012, Best Actor of the year at the Best of Nollywood Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria Awards.
- In 2015, he was privileged to be awarded Best Movie Producer of the year (Yoruba) at the City People Entertainment. He then attached his signature to a multi-millionaire naira endorsement deal with Trophy Beer as a Brand Ambassador.
- In 2017, Best Actor of the Year, City People Movie Awards, (Yoruba) 2017
- In 2018 Fashionable Actor of the Year, Emperor Nollywood Awards, and Best Indigenous Movie ‘Etiko Onigedu’ Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards
- 2018 Best Actor in a Leading Role (Yoruba), Best of Nollywood Awards
- Owo Blow (1995)
- Ogun Ajaye (1985)
- Omo Bishop, 2005
- Osuwon Eda, 2006
- Idanwo, 2006
- Ofin Mose, 2006
- Inu, 2007
- Jagun Aso, 2007
- Mo nbo wa Olorun, 2007
- Mayomi, 2007
- Omo Pupa (2008)
- Nkan Adun, 2008
- Taiwo Taiwo, 2008
- Atanpako Meta, 2008
- Oreke Temi, 2009
- Atona, 2009
- Toromade, 2009
- Ebutte, 2010
- Ladies Gang, 2011
- Apaadi, 2009
- Iro Funfun, 2009
- Jelili, 2011
- Ayitale, 2013
- October 1, 2014
- Anini, 2015
- Ayomide, 2015
- Tania, 2015
- Aseyiowu, 2017
- Kodi Ologbon Aye, 2017
- Sola Arikusa, 2017
- Oruka, 2017
- Abamo, 2018
- Survival of Jelili (2018)
- Death Island (2018
- Diamonds in the Sky, 2018
- Ewude, 2018
- The Ghost and the Tout, 2018
- Heaven on my Mind, 2018
- The Island, 2018
- Etiko Onigedu, 2018
- Mokalik, 2019
- In 1998, they met each other at the University of Ilorin. That time Khadijat was the first-year student of the Department of Computer Science and Femi was in the third year in the department of Law. They dated for 6 years before getting married in 2004. This couple has three children.
- Femi married his first wife, Khadijat Adebayo, but sadly enough, the marriage ended in divorce. and eight years after, he married Omotayo Sanusi on 9 October 2016. who gave birth to their first child in 2018, Altogether, he is blessed with four children.
Femi Adebayo Political Career
- n 2016, Adebayo was appointed by the Kwara State Governor as a member of the State Executive Council. He was also the Special Assistant (SA) to the Governor on Arts, Culture, and Tourism.
- In 2018, the decision to dissolve the council was announced by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Isiaka Gold.
- Prior to this announcement, there have been encouragements from the Kwara Youth Group for the actor to contest at the next general election to the post of Member of the Kwara state House of Assembly, But the actor was considering it and he was yet to make up his mind.
- Many people in Kwara have lauded Adebayo for his excellent contribution to the growth of Arts, Culture and Tourism in Kwara State.
J-15 School of Arts
- Femi Adebayo has a performing school which is located at Ibadan. The school, J15 was founded in 2008 and has produced several young actors in Nigeria who are giving the established ones a run for their money.
- As many people don’t know the meaning of J 15 and the reason why Femi Adebayo film production school call J15. Femi Bring out the name of the school from his first child’s birthday, July 15.
- They offer courses such as Acting, Makeup artist, Set man, Film Editing, Special effects, Director, Scriptwriter, DOP, Etc.
- J-15 was honored with Outstanding Industry Academy Platform Award by Emperor Nollywood Awards in 2018
Femi Adebayo Net Worth
- Femi Lateef Adebayo is a successful Nollywood actor Both in Yoruba and English Movies, He is a Businessman, Lawyer, and he is the CEO of J-15 and he is rated as one of the richest and influential Yoruba actors
- Femi Adebayo estimated net worth is $900,000.
Femi Adebayo Social Media Handles
- Instagram: @femiadebayosalami
FAQ(Frequently Asked Question) Related To Femi Adebayo Biography
Q1). Is Femi Adebayo a lawyer?
Yes, He studied Law at University Of Ilorin (Uni Ilorin)
Q2). Who is Femi Adebayo new wife?
Omotayo Adebayo is the new wife of Femi Adebayo blessed with a child
Q3). When did Femi Adebayo start acting?
He started acting in 1995 and was featured in Owo Blow produced by Tade Ogidan
Q4). What is Femi Adebayo net worth?
Femi Adebayo estimated net worth is $900,000.