Taiwo Olukoya is a Nigerian Pentecostal pastor. He is the senior pastor of The Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju, Lagos, with membership strength of over 8,000 people.
Continue reading Taiwo Odukoya Biography
Taiwo Odukoya Biography
He was born on 15th of June 1956 in Kaduna State, Nigeria, where he was also raised. His parents are from Sagamu, Ogun state.
He had his primary and secondary education at Baptist Primary School, Kigo Road, Kaduna and St. Paul’s College (now known as Kufena College, Wusasa) Zaria respectively. Then, he proceeded to the University of Ibadan in 1976 where he obtained a degree in petroleum engineering in 1981.
As a petroleum engineer, he started work at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in April 1982 after the compulsory one-year National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) scheme, and served there until his voluntary retirement in January 1994 after his call to the ministry.
In 1980, Odukoya met Bimbo Williams at the University of Ibadan and later got married in 1984. The marriage produced three children, Toluwani, Oluwajimi and Oluwatobi. On the 10th of December 2005, Bimbo Odukoya, along with 102 other people, died on the crashed Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145. Bimbo Odukoya’s messages had been well and widely received by many.
On the 5th of January 2010, with full love and support from family and friends, Taiwo Odukoya got married again to Rosemary Simangele Nomthi Zulu from South Africa. They have two boys together, Timilehin and Jomiloju. Timilehin and Jomiloju Odukoya in particular, dream of playing for Manchester United
The Fountain of Life Church
In 1992, he and his late wife, Bimbo Odukoya co-founded The Fountain of Life Church with a stated vision “to teach men and women the art of building successful relationships and the principles of leadership so they can be all they are created to be. ” The Church has several missions in South Africa, the United Kingdom, United States of America, Switzerland, Kenya, Central Africa Republic, Republic of Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Republic of Benin and Togo.
He proclaims a firm belief in the role of the church in the community and expresses it through several outreach projects including a hospital, an orphanage, a school for destitute children, a farm, a water project which provides boreholes at strategic locations for people who have no access to clean and portable water and a skill acquisition and entrepreneurial institute for the less privileged.
On April 19, 1997, Taiwo Odukoya set up Discovery for Men and Discovery for Women, non-denominational outreaches to men and women designed to help them maximize their potential. These outreaches reach out to hundreds of thousands of men and women annually through quarterly rallies, mentorship programs and a vocational center to equip them with technical and practical life skills.
- He was voted one of the 12 most inspiring leaders in Nigeria in a survey conducted by Leadership and Lifestyle (a London-based magazine) in 2006.
- He is also a Life Fellow and Grand Patron of the Institute of Corporate Management, and Fellow of the Certified Directors’ Institute.
- Home affairs
- Get all you want
- Becoming a Man of Significance (Still Waters Publishing, 2002)
- Unleash Your God-Given Potential. (Struik Christian Books, 2003)
- Limitless (Grace Springs Publishers, 2006)
- Created for Blessing (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2006)
- Home Affairs: Questions Married Men and Women Ask (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2006)
- Portrait of a Champion (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2007)
- The Proof (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2009)
- Get all You Want (Xulon Press, 2010)
- Empowered Living (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2012)
- 120 Days of Victory (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2013)
- 121 Days of Blessings (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2013)
- 125 Days of Favour (Gracesprings Africa Publishers, 2013)
Social media handles