There is no way you are going to mentioned Blogging in Africa, that you won’t talk about Linda Ikeji, A great female blogger, Today I am going to tell you who Linda Ikeji is and how She made it to be one of the Top Blogger in Africa, Linda Ikeji Biography, Net worth, Age, Education and Career
- Linda Ifeoma Ikeji is the full name of the Well known blogger but known as Linda Ikeji, She is a Nigerian news bearer blogger, author, entrepreneur and former model. She is best known for her blog, Linda Ikeji’s Blog, Many youths especially young ladies are inspired by her success story and believe they can achieve anything they put their heart to.
Early Life & Education
- Linda Ikeji was born on the 19 of September 1980 in a Catholic family from Nkwerre, Imo State, Nigeria. She is the second child.
- She started writing fictional stories at a young age of 10, The fiction she wrote were commended by her family and friends. As time went by she developed a passion for news. Different from most teenagers her age, Linda Ikeji cherished listening to the news, watching newscasters and interviews
- She completed secondary school at 17 years old and, at 18, enrolled at the University of Lagos, and when the chance came to study at the University in Lagos, she choose Mass Communication But to her disappointment, she was admitted to study English Language
- To help her family and bolster herself through school, she had part-time jobs as a waitress, model, and writer. Ikeji graduated from the University in 2004.
- She began the modeling career in 1998 and gave up in 2005. She was also a fashion columnist for a struggling celebrity magazine, and after two years of toiling in the newsroom, she gave up that too.
- After University, Linda Ikeji worked hard to break into journalism by launching her own media company, called Black dove Communications, which was a modeling agency and events management outfit. The name Black dove was however inspired by Silverbird, which happens to be a name and also a bird. It was also inspired by the fact that her best colour is black and beloved bird is the dove.
- Although Linda claims to still have the modeling agency, but not managed by her anymore. She also commenced what she tells in her earliest blog post as her “true passion”, her magazine called, FM & B. The first issue was published in 2006 and on realizing how expensive and stressful magazine publishing was, she only had two more editions printed.
- n 2006, she started blogging as a hobby. At that time, the internet was not as prominent in Nigeria and she had to make her posts at a cybercafé
- Concerning Black dove, Linda Ikeji had this to say, “I gave up on the office (Black Dove Communications) in 2010 when I couldn’t afford the rent anymore and moved my business back home. About a year later, the blogging I started in 2006 changed my life.”
- The Blogging Journey for Ikeji Started in 2006, She became an active blogger in 2007 using a blogger using a free google host and sub-domain lindaikeji.blogspot.com and later obtained her domain www.lindaikejisblog.com
- Luckily, in that same year, Bella Naija, another very popular Nigerian blog, posted a story about Linda and for the first time, Linda started to see a new opportunity to take her writing to the world.
- About five years afterward, her blog, Linda Ikeji Blog has developed into one of the most visited blogs in the country. Thousands trooped into her site on a daily basis for news, entertainment, celebrity gist, gossip and lots more.
- Since 2006 Linda Ikeji started blogging, she has sustained it till today which is a testament to the kind of commitment it takes to be an entrepreneur, especially in the creative industry.
- Ikeji’s blog was shut down on 8 October 2014 but restored on 10 October 2014 around midnight by Google for undisclosed reasons. Kola Ogunlade, a Google correspondent, said: “We take violations of policies very seriously as such activities diminish the experience for our users. When we are notified of the existence of content that may violate our Terms of Service, we act quickly to review it and determine whether it actually violates our policies. If we determine that it does, we remove it immediately.”
- She said: “I never for once even thought that I could make money from blogging. I didn’t begin blogging with the frame of mind that someday I would really make money from it. As a matter of fact, it never even crossed my mind. I never said to myself that, OK let me start blogging now and maybe in five years’ time, I would begin to see the dividends
- Now various brands and online networks companies put up advertisements in Linda’s blog, which put her at the top of the highest-earning bloggers in Nigeria. This great fame also brought about a dramatic change in the blogger’s life.
- Linda Ikeji at a point started having over 1 million unique visitors each month to her blog when some really controversial stories were posted on her blog, and that brought the much-awaited recognition and large income.
- According to Alexa, the blog is ranking 19 in Nigeria and 2,974 in the world as of the time of this writing.
Awards & Recognition
- In August 2012, Forbes Africa dedicated itself to celebrating African women that month’s issue. In that issue, Forbes profiled Africa’s 20 Most Prominent Women and the issue featured profiles on two young Nigerian women: Linda Ikeji, as well as Chibundu Onuzo.
- In 2015, she moved to her Multi-million Naira mansion home a feat celebrated by many, especially the female gender in Nigeria.
- Ikeji was interviewed by BBC on their Focus on Africa program, The interview aired on 25 September 2012
- Аt thе 2013 Nіgеrіаn Вlоg Аwаrdѕ, ѕhе wоn thе аwаrd fоr Веѕt Еntеrtаіnmеnt Вlоg. Іn 2013, ѕhе wоn thе аwаrd fоr “Wеbѕіtе/Вlоg оf thе Yеаr” bу Nіgеrіаn Вrоаdсаѕtеrѕ Меrіt Аwаrd.
- In 2014 she was the biggest Google search trend in Nigeria
- On 8 August 2018, Linda Ikeji was among eminent personalities drawn from different countries across multiple disciplines who were conferred with Honorary Doctorate Degree from Trinity International University in Georgia for her outstanding job in Business and Media in Africa. Others conferred includes Steve Egboro, Nigerian filmmaker and event manager, Chairman Daily Times Newspaper, Dr. Fidelis Anosike, Dr. Obeahon Ohiwerei, GMD/ CEO of Keystone Bank Limited, renowned lawyer Mike Ozekhome and few others
- Linda once said, “My ideal man must be a decent guy, God fearing, very good looking and must be able to support what I do.” According to Linda, she can never date a man younger than she is, but can marry a man who doesn’t earn as much as she does.
- Ikeji says she and her son’s father Sholaye Jeremi are not suitable partners. She took to her blog to detail reasons why her relationship with her son’s father, whom she met in December 2015, didn’t work out as expected
- Lіndа Іkејі іѕ оnе оf thе mоѕt fаmоuѕ blоggеrѕ іn thе wоrld. Ѕhе’ѕ nоt јuѕt thе rісhеѕt blоggеr іn Nіgеrіа but аlѕо оnе оf thе mоѕt рrоduсtіvе blоggеrѕ аrоund thе glоbе
- Linda is considered the highest earning blogger in Nigeria. The estimated net worth of Linda Ikeji is more than $12 million.
Linda Social Media Handles
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Related to Linda Ikeji Biography
Q1). What is Linda Ikeji net worth?
Linda is considered the highest earning blogger in Nigeria. The estimated net worth of Linda Ikeji is more than $12 million.
Q2). What is the name of Linda ikeji son?
Linda Ikeji’s son name is Jayce
Q3). Who is Linda Ikeji’s husband?
Linda Ikeji Got engaged to Tolu in 2018