Obiageri Amaechi is a Nigerian poet and track and field athlete of American descent who specialises in the discus throw and became eligible to compete for Nigeria in 2021. Amaechi won the California State Championship event in the discus and then followed that up with a third-place showing in the shot put, establishing herself as one of the top four throwing recruits in the nation this year.
Obiageri Amaechi Biography
Obiageri Pamela Amaechi
|Date of Birth||
March 12, 1999
|Place of Birth||
San Francisco , California, USA
|State of Origin||
San Francisco , California, USA
Athlete, Shot put
|Social Media Handles||
Early Life and Education
Obiageri was born on March 12, 1999, in San Francisco, California. She hails from the southeastern parts of Nigeria but has lived all her life in the USA, where she had her primary, secondary and university education before choosing to represent Nigeria in athletics competitions.
Obiageri Amaechi, a fourth-year student from San Francisco, California, is aiming to get a global health policy certificate and an undergraduate degree in psychology with a social psychology specialisation at Princeton University. Her research employs an interdisciplinary approach to investigate health disparities, socioeconomic determinants of health, and cultural competency as a Mellon Mays Residential Associate in the field of Medical Anthropology. Her current research examines the benefits and drawbacks of cultural competency as a strategy to reduce health inequalities for disadvantaged groups.
Obiageri Amaechi, who attended the esteemed Princeton University, competed for the United States in the U20 Pan American Championships in Trujillo in 2017 and finished fourth overall with a distance of 52.24 metres, which was her first international experience, and later withdrew after the qualifying round of the U20 World Championships in Tampere with a time of 48.94 m. She competed for Nigeria in the 2022 African Championships in Port Louis, where she finished 54.15 m behind fellow countrywoman Chioma Onyekwere and Cameroonian Nora Monie to win the bronze medal.
- Discus throw: 57.95 m, May 4, 2019, in Princeton
- First Team All-America, Discus (2018, 7th).
- Second Team All-America, Discus (2021, 13th)
- NCAA Championship Qualifier (2018, 2019, 2021)
- NCAA Regional Qualifier (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Ivy League Champion, Discus (2019).
- First Team All-Ivy League, Discus (2019)
- Ivy League Runner-Up, Shot Put (Indoor 2019).
- Second Team All-Ivy League, Shot Put (Indoor 2019).
- Ivy League Runner-Up, Discus (2018)
- Second Team All-Ivy League, Discus (2018)
- Ivy League Scorer, Shot Put (Indoor 2018)
- Ivy League Scorer, Shot Put (Outdoor 2018).
- Academic All-Ivy League (Indoor 2021)
- USTFCCCA All-Academic (2018, 2019)
- School & Ivy League Record, Discus, 57.59 (2019).
- Top-5 Mark, Shot Put, 13.87 (Outdoor 2018).
- 2018-19: Competed in four outdoor and four indoor regular season meets…competed at the IAAF World U20 Championships in July 2018, where she finished seventh in the discus with a best throw of 54.16 metres.
- 2017-18: Competed in three outdoor regular season meets…won the discus at the ECAC/IC4A Outdoor Championships…competed in four regular indoor season meets.
Her net worth is currently not available.
Social Media Handles
Her social media handles would be made available after proper verification.